A copy of the BBKA Rules can be requested from the Show Secretary or downloaded from our website www.bristolhoneyshow.co.uk/downloads/BBKA-honeyshow-rules.pdf
BBKA Show Rules (1994) apply unless amended by any of the following:
- Entries to be made on the form available on the website www.bristolhoneyshow.co.uk (PDF or Word) or from the show secretary, and sent to the Show Secretary either by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or posting to Bristol Honey Show Secretary, not later than 23th August 2023. Cash payment on arrival with entries. Prior to the event, entrants will be sent confirmation of classes entered (by email where given). Labels for all entries & a pass for free access to the Botanic Gardens will be given on arrival. Late entries will be accepted on the day if space allows and charged double.
- The event marquee will be open for staging exhibits from 4:00 pm to 7 pm on Friday 25th August and from 8 a.m. on Saturday 26th August 2023. All exhibits must be staged by 10 a.m. Judging will commence at 10:30 a.m. Awards will be presented on Sunday 27th at 3.30 p.m. Exhibits are to be collected at close of show on Sunday and only removed after being checked against entry list and when permitted by the Show Secretary. Early removal only with the permission of the show secretary.
- Only labels supplied by the Show Secretary are to be affixed to each entry as directed (see Guidance for affixing labels). No marks of any sort are permitted on any part of the exhibit.
- Candles are to be displayed erect. The judge may light one candle. Candlesticks must be used if required to keep candle upright.
- All extracted honey is to be exhibited in clear 454g squat jars with standard gold lacquered metal screw lids.
- Mead to be shown in clear glass punted wine bottles with shoulders (approx. 75cl capacity). White plastic topped flanged corks must be used.
- Only BBKA members exhibiting on the show bench will be permitted to supply honey or other products for sale during the show.
- Bristol Branch will retain the two Bristol Queen trophies. The winners will have their names engraved on the trophies and they will receive special prizes to take away.
- Classes may be cancelled or amalgamated at the discretion of the Show Judge and Secretary.
- Where a display method or other detail is specified (E.g. on a paper plate in a plastic bag), this MUST be followed, or the entry disqualified.
- A copy of the BBKA Rules can be requested from the Show Secretary or downloaded from our website www.bristolhoneyshow.co.uk